Full-Time Director of Operations and Business Development
Internship | LOCATION: Austin, Texas
Central Athlete is looking for a Director of Operations and Business Development to run the day-to-day operations of the gym and lead its growth in the coming years. The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes including sales, business development, accounting basics, customer success, and marketing. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan and execute many different kinds of operational activities. They also must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways for the entire team to operate.
What You’ll Do:
- Responding to and managing all leads until they are paired with the appropriate coach
- Organize agenda for weekly team meetings and monthly marketing meetings, including following up on action points and ensuring deliverables are assigned and completed
- Ensure clients are receiving the highest level of service, beginning with their onboarding email.
- Handle client holds, cancellations, coach switches, contract updates, and other feedback
- Review and reconcile accounts on a monthly basis
- Ensure tax compliance in coordination with CPA
- Verify and run payroll each month
- Work with Marketing Manager to assist on marketing projects as needed
- Business Operations
- Keep Standard Operating Procedure documents and employee handbook updated
- Maintain company dashboard to report on progress towards monthly, quarterly, and annual goals
- Business Development
- Manage strategy for growing clients and overall organizational growth and scalability, through the use of the exercise video library, speaking engagements, digital products, and more.
What We’re Looking For:
- 4-5 years of progressive operations and management experience with a growing startup
- Ability to work autonomously and in a small team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to various types of stakeholders
- High emotional intelligence and the ability to work and communicate with different personalities
- An entrepreneurial mindset (comfort with ambiguity, excitement to test - measure - iterate on ideas, ability to take initiative, etc.)
- Experience with all social media/technology platforms, Hootsuite, MailChimp, Trello, and Google Drive.
- A passion for health and fitness (bonus points for currently training consistently towards a specific goal.)
What You'll Get:
- Competitive salary offer
- Discounted professional coaching from a Central Athlete coach, including unlimited use of the training floor and recovery center
- A cool work environment at the Springdale General complex on the eastside
If this sounds like you, submit your application here!
Please email your resume to: email@example.com